Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Decoration Update - Work in Progress

Pant, pant, pant...

Still hard at it.  Tonight I stopped procrastinating and dived in, starting putting ornaments on the innermost part of the tree.  That got me going.  Then I placed my gold pointsettias, then my pearl ornaments.  I love those four pearl starbursts and four large beaded drops -- haven't been able to find anything online even close since I bought them in 2006 in Chicago at Marshall Fields/Macy's (it will forever be Marshall Fields to me).  I added a few more ornaments, and then started applying the French ribbon.  Buying the sheer patterned French ribbon was a smart move! 

Here's a pic:



A looonnnggg way to go yet, but I feel now that I've sort of got things under control.  And now I'm going to apply the second five yards of French ribbon :)

Update 9:30 p.m.:

Already applied the second roll of French ribbon; since I was doing the lower part of the tree it didn't take as many turns around the tree to use up the entire roll, plus I think I've got the hang of twisting the ribbon this way and that to make the ribbon lay just so.  I am loving it right now!  Now I've just got a ton of ornaments to apply...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...