Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving in Las Vegas

Here's me yesterday, arriving in the hotel room, trying to take a photo of myself.  I'm at the Excalibur with what seems like a million children running around in the hallways...  Still, I love this place, I'v visited many times before but I've never stayed here.  I saw the mirror and I couldn't resist, I mean, it's soooo like "mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"  ME, of course, darlings :)

I'm about to go out shopping - shopping shopping shopping!  I saw a houndstooth checked tote bag that I MUST have...

The weather is PERFECT!  Bright sunshine and temperatures in the 60's, sat out in the sun all yesterday afternoon.  It felt soooo good! 

This morning when I rolled back the black-out curtains in my room I couldn't resist taking this photograph out the window:

That bright blue clear sky and the sun is so intense!  My room is at the "front" of the hotel and overlooks the tramway, which is fun to watch when I'm sitting here working on my little Acer notebook.

I'm still on Milwaukee time, it's 11:29 AM time but only 9:29 AM LV time...


Later:  Back from shopping!  I scored some bling!  I bought some real bling and some fun fake bling, an Egyptian blown glass ornament to add to my Christmas tree this year from The Egypt Store at the Luxor and an unexpected gift for Mr. Don.  I wasn't even looking for one and it just jumped out at me, practically into my hands.  I fell in love with it and I hope he does, too. 

It's now 1:41 p.m. Milwaukee time, 11:41 a.m. Las Vegas time.  Going to go to lunch with Isis and Michelle.  I was going to take photos of my bling but as luck would have it my batteries ran out!  Still, got a couple of photos of one of the turquoise and silver rings I bought this morning:


Not the best photo in the world, but it gives you an idea.  The stone is about an inch long and the mounting is elegantly simple, bead and "flower" sterling silver work on either side.  I also bought a pinky ring - never thought I'd ever own one.  There is just something about this green turquoise, and the lady whose store it is.  A fascinating woman, we had a good long chat I tried on ring after ring!  Such fun.

Batteries ran out on the camera - must get some new ones.  I'll add more later. 

Tonight is the Sting concert at Caesar's Palace. I am so dehydrated!  I've been pounding down those little hotel room plastic cups of water - must get myself juiced back up!  This climate will make you into a prune if you're not careful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...