Friday, November 25, 2011

Las Vegas Pics

Eek!  I'm blind as a bat without my glasses, and I left that at "sis' place this afternoon.  So now I'm getting ready for the Sting concert (new hair, new outfit, entirely new makeup, new bling) and it WILL be ineresting as I can't see what I'm doing except in a Mr. Magoo sort of way, by squinting my eyes and standing 10 feet away from the keyboard.  Try typing, ha!

Easy enough to download some photographs from this afternoon - don't know what they look like, however; they're all just blurs of color to me:  All of the following were taken in and around 'Sis' place on the golf course:





High temperature today was 71 degrees F.  With only a mild breeze it was downright hot in the sun.  I sat with my feet up under the shelter of the upper deck overlooking the golf course, my feet up, shoes off, sipping wine, reading the newspaper.  Sis made lunch - I had leftovers from last night: delicious pork tenderloin, sage gravy, mashed potatoes; and fresh sliced tomatoes on the side.  For dessert later on, I had more of Michelle's delicious pumpkin pie she made yesterday, with ice cream on the side.  YUM!  I feel like I'm at an expensive spa resort, with everyone taking care of me!

It's great!





The tea roses are still blooming!  Leaves on the deciduous trees here are just beginning to turn color; the large roses out front are in full glory - I need to get photos of them tomorrow or Sunday...


The cyprus hedge by the big outdoor chessboard....

More of this excellent weather in store for my entire stay. I'm SO glad I didn't wear my winter coat from Milwakee like so many other people on the plane did!  I wore my jeans jacket and I haven't had to wear it; today I removed my short sleeve sweater and rolled up the long sleeves on my cotton shirt when I was outdoors.  Even now with the sun down the temperature is about 65 F, it won't drop down into the high 40's until well after midnight, but I'll be shooting zzzz's at the ceiling by then.

And now, to the bathroom to remake myself!  Sting, I'm coming...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...